Biotechnology Society of Nepal is an apolitical, non-government, non-profit organization motivated for promotion of Biotechnology in Nepal and beyond. The establishment of society is an endeavor for development of Biotechnology by promotion and dissemination of knowledge about this cutting edge technology. The society will act as an active platform for interchange of academic ideas about the research and theoretical perspective of biotechnology. The motive of the organization is to incorporate all national and cross-national academic institutions, research institutions, companies and individuals sharing interest in development of biotechnology in Nepal and beyond.
- To introduce, promote and propagate the use of biotechnology by encouraging basic and applied research and disseminating their results for sustainable development of the populace.
- To garner, compile and disseminate the information related to biotechnology in Nepal.
- To publish books, journals, memoirs and reports based on biotechnology
- To bring collaboration and cooperation between scientific societies and academic institutions of the country with international societies for promotion of interaction among research workers within and outside the country.
- To procure and manage funds and grants for the promotion of research and development of biotechnology.
- To study on physical and biological resources in Nepal and to develop suitable technological adroitness for their extraction and utilization.
- To develop a platform for integration of all students, research workers, scientists, academicians, entrepreneurs, policy makers, university biology teaching faculties and others interested in biotechnology for overall development of the country.
Our Vision & Beliefs
We believe, a plethora of works needs to be done in the field of agricultural biotechnology, animal biotechnology, environmental biotechnology, industrial biotechnology and other fields of the subject. In the present scenario of rapid development of this field in the world, our hesitation of stepping forward today will certainly leave us behind once again.
Biotech revolution in near future is inevitable and we fear of missing the race if we forget to set off today. Even a small endeavor of garnering information from scattered researches within and outside the country, compiling them and disseminating them to general pubic, research workers, industrialists and related elite would help this technology to make a remarkable stride here.
We basically focus in following programs.
- Information sharing:
- Awareness programs for general public, biology students and teachers, industrialists about the scope of biotechnology in Nepal.
- Talk programs and seminars.
- News letters publication for dissemination of international scenario, progression made by scientists from inside and outside the country.
- Research programs:
- This society will be directly or indirectly involved in research works in the field of agriculture, environment and health sectors. Besides, it may also help students or researchers with suitable research proposal and work plans to encourage young scientists towards research.
- The society will encourage entrepreneurs to establish biotech industries and will assist them to survive and flourish in national as well as in international market.